You are not exactly doing everything in order right now. You already have a job waiting for you in a city about two hours away from where you have lived your entire life. In fact, you received the job offer almost three months ago. Two weekends ago you sold your house. With two boys under the age of four, getting a house sold is no small task. On the first weekend that your wife’s parents offered to keep the boys, however, the two of you stayed up late into the night getting the house ready and the first buyers who looked the next morning made an offer. A more than generous offer. Now, you find yourself practically homeless and desperately searching for a home in this new city that is offering you the best job offer you have ever had.
You need to schedule the moving services, but you need a house before that can happen. If does not matter if you are looking at Vermont moving and storage companies or you are looking for movers in the midwest, you need to have a home before you begin making any reservations.
Every Move Has Its Challenges
Sometimes a move is challenging because of the weather; sometimes movers face difficulties when they have to move big, heavy pieces like a piano or large furniture sets. Even though 50% of all moves take place in the summer between the beginning of May and Labor Day, there are also many families who find themselves looking for movers in the middle of the coldest winters. Consider some of these other facts and figures about moving and the impact that it has on both individual families and economy of the nation:
- Wanting a new or better home or apartment is the number one reason for moving as cited by 17.4% of people in a recent survey.
- To be the most prepared, experts recommend that you should generally add an extra 25% more moving materials than you think you will need.
- As people get older, their tendency to move decreases significantly, but the average mover is part of a couple between the ages of 18 to 34 with one or two children.
- 62% of movers in the year 2017 remained in the same county after their move.
- The moving industry was worth $85.7 billion in the year 2016.
Whether you are moving because of a new job or you are moving after getting married, it is important that you work with professional movers who can help you make the best transitions.