Every interstate or highway construction project has a long line of heavy equipment. Drivers, in fact, have likely seen these long lines of equipment when they travel. Trailers with excavators that will be needed further down the road, hydraulic dump mixers, and even asphalt rollers are essential pieces of machinery that are needed for the length of the projects.
From trailers for sale to heavy equipment rentals, a number of construction companies rely on large pieces of equipment to complete their jobs. As a result, equipment transportation services also play an essential role in the building and construction projects that go on around the country.
Just as drivers have to wait months, and sometimes years, for projects to be completed, companies need to find trailers for sale or equipment to rent that will last and be available the length of the project as well. Because these pieces of heavy construction equipment take a lot of wear and tear, the maintenance of the equipment can be both complicated and costly. By making the decision to rent the equipment that is used on both small and large projects, however, companies can more affordably complete the largest projects and possible come in under budget.
In addition to the economic savings, construction equipment rentals also bring with them the guarantee of safe and recently expected equipment. Knowing that a long construction project may need more than the original set of equipment, making the decision to rent equipment means that when problems occur the rental provider can bring in new replacement pieces.
Consider these statistics about the construction industry and the safety standards that they are required to meet:
- 35% of on-the-job injuries are caused by machine accidents every year. In addition, 14% of work-related deaths are caused by machine accidents every year. Renting new equipment or equipment that has been recently serviced is a major safety advantage.
- $145.5 billion is the total current value of the global construction equipment market.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) stipulates that workers must maintain a minimum clearance of at least 10 feet away from the nearest overhead line when using heavy equipment.
- 7.8 million is the current number of production workers in the U.S. construction industry.
- The U.S. is the second largest construction market worldwide, with a market share of nearly 10%.
Construction equipment is expensive to purchase, but the decision to rent these large pieces of machines can be both economical and productive. And while many companies decide to rent the construction equipment that they use, they do sometimes look at trailers for sale to move smaller pieces of equipment that they already own.