When you start your search for a new home, a gated living community might not be the first option that comes to mind. However, there are a number of great reasons why you should consider living in a gated community.
Here are the top five advantages to gated community living:
1. Security: People primarily choose to live in a gated community because of the high levels of security they provide. Because access is exclusive to residents and their guests, petty crime and vandalism rates within gated communities are much lower than they are outside the communities.
2. Low amounts of traffic: Because gated communities aren’t accessible to the public, the level of car traffic is decreased within the community. This makes a gated community a good neighborhood for families with children and pedestrians of any age.
3. Recreation: Most developers include a variety of recreational opportunities for gated community residents. From walking trails to parks, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy the outdoors while living in a gated community! Some also offer community facilities like swimming pools and exercise rooms.
4. Location: Oftentimes, gated communities are built near the newest commercial developments and retail areas. They’re also more likely to be close to the best schools in the area.
5. You can build your own home: Many gated communities offer acres for sale, which allows you to build a custom home on land you purchased within the community. Did you know that the “acre” was a Middle Ages measuring term for the amount of land a pair of oxen could plow in a day? Buying land to build a house is a great option for people who want to build the house of their dreams! Simply ask the developer of the gated community about the steps to buying land. Reference links.