Morning coffee time is meant to be relaxing. A chance to look through the newspaper, a chance to focus on the beginning of a new day, and new opportunities. Unfortunately, as you sit and drink your coffee every morning, your relaxation is interrupted by the stained and warped wooden frames of the floor to ceiling windows in your kitchen. The view the windows provide is still a picture of beauty. That picture, however, is framed by wood that has failed to last and remain attractive. As you finish that cup of coffee, you decide that today is the day you are going to see about getting these windows replaced.
Many home owners who decide to upgrade the windows in their homes are making the wise choice of selecting one of many metal window options. The advantages of residential metal windows are significant:
- Metal window options are extremely strong and and are made of long lasting material. It creates secure fittings that work particularly well for larger or floor to ceiling window designs. Metal frames also help preserve the structural integrity of the building.
- Metal is much more difficult to damage than wooden window frames. Metal is less prone to corrosion or general wear and tear than wood or other framing options. Metal frames are a reliable alternative with a very long life span.
- Almost all of the best contractors will be able to fit a metal window frame into stone, brick or timber openings.
- Metal window options provide a variety of appealing looks. They are available in a range of shapes and sizes, and their styles can work well with old fashioned, gothic, arched look, as well as modern, smooth and minimalist design. All of these style and color variations look great from the inside and outside of the building.
- The contemporary look of metal frame windows provides some of the most narrow sightlines available. The design, however, still allows for double and even triple glazing. This makes the windows both fire resistant and energy efficient.
- Metal window frames are available in a wide range of finishes to match the décor of your home. They are available in brass, chrome or bronze. They can even be painted a color of your choice.
- The durability and strength of metal means that these windows have little, if any, maintenance.
Did you know that in a typical house, nearly 15 to 22% of heat loss occurs through windows? Although replacing windows initially seems expensive, an improved window will start paying a home owner back immediately in energy savings. If you replace standard, single-pane windows with Energy Star certified windows, your household can save an additional $126 to $465 a year. Hot rolled steel windows manufactured with low-e coatings typically cost about 10% to 15% more than regular windows, but they reduce energy loss by as much as 30% to 50%. Isn’t it time you replaced your unsightly wooden window frames with a more energy efficient and durable metal frame window?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.