Finding a way to make your home as energy efficient as possible is important. Especially at a time when the In a time when the heating and cooling budget for an average home owners makes up as much as 54% of annual utility bills, it is a wise decision to have a system that saves, rather than wastes, money. If you live in a home that is more than 15 years old, for instance, you might benefit from a HVAC evaluation. Replacing an older system, for instance, allows you to sometimes qualify for an energy savings, in addition to saving on monthly utilities.
What is a Ductless Heat Pump?
In addition to a newer system being more energy efficient, it can also serve as a cleaner way to get the heating ad cooling that you need. For instance, with the use of a ductless system you can avoid the dangers that come with older systems that might be circulating dangerous mold and mildew throughout your home. Consider some of these facts and figures about the heating and cooling industry and the impact that it has had on the economy of the nation:
- Indoor air quality is usually two to five times more dirty than outdoor air, according to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates.
- HVAC system air filters should be changed every three months at the very least in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
- 25% to 40% of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. This is partially because contaminants build up in the HVAC system which forces it to work harder.
- A programmable thermostat can save a home owner an average of $180 a year in energy costs.
- Heat loss and heat gain through windows are responsible for 25% to 30% of residential cooling and heating energy usage.
- Proper insulation can reduce the costs of heating and cooling by as much as 40%.
Finding the answer to the question of what is a ductless heat pump can help you understand a recent offering when it comes to home efficiency. Making sure that your home is both energy efficient and safe means that you can keep your family healthy and comfortable.