When many people think about changing the appearance of their home, they think about changing the interior. However, the exterior of the home is very important too, which is why some people might be focused on landscaping. You can get very creative when it comes to modifying the landscape in your front yard and backyard. Some people might just want to have a normal lawn, but you might want to add a garden, trees, or some other types of structures that set your yard apart from the rest of the yards in the neighborhood.
There are so many things that you can do with a backyard landscape, for example. You can either do it on your own or bring in backyard landscape designers to help out. Whether you are looking for elegant landscape and design garden hardscape ideas, or garden remodel ideas, you will be able to figure it out either on your own or with professional assistance. The sky is the limit when it comes to how creative you can be when you are trying to change the landscape of the area around your home. If you are looking to hire professional help, you should definitely keep budget in mind when doing so.
Did you know that a well landscaped yard with a great lawn is often a major selling point for a private home? But what is making some homes stand out from the rest?
The answer: A contemporary landscape design. Since landscaping can often increase the value of a home by making the outdoor view more aesthetically pleasing, it is best to invest in a landscape design that is in style.
About contemporary landscape designs: Contemporary designs are where form meets function. This trend offers a very clean-cut look in the backyard yet still incorporating plenty of hardscaping materials. Many homes now feature sustainable gardens and yard that seek more native plants in order to save money.
Hired help: If you have decided on a contemporary landscape design, it is best to hire a professional landscaping company. Landscape services will be able to help you achieve a well thought out and functional design so you can enjoy every part of your property. Professionals will also be able to help you choose the right plants to decrease unwanted noise levels and block views of your neighbor’s house.
Contemporary design ideas
- Organic Gardens: Having a garden in your backyard can be a great way to save money and increase the value of your home. These days, a great retaining wall design can be a part of your garden to give it a bit of character and function.
- Fire Pits: This simple addition to your backyard may not seem like a contemporary feature, but many professional landscapers have crafted beautiful outdoor fire pit designs that blend well with the patio and furniture.
- Pergolas: Can’t decide whether or not you want sun or shade? Pergolas offer the best of both worlds. Make your pergola contemporary by incorporating different materials such as wood and metal in your design.
- Hot Tubs: Pools are often very hard and expensive to maintain, but contemporary backyards are seeing more hot tubs as of late. These feature seats that line the perimeter of the tub so that guests can get out and take a breather while still enjoying the company of others who are in the tub.
- Play Structures: No, not play-grounds. Instead, custom make your kid’s play structure that will keep them entertained all afternoon. Draw your inspiration from public parks that may have also incorporated a contemporary design. Some options include bars of various heights or seesaws.
- Water Features: It’s back! Fountains have become more popular over the years thanks to some blockbuster Hollywood movies portraying elegant gardens with fountains and ponds. Ask your professional landscaping company what type of water feature your backyard can handle.
- Backyard Lighting: Light up the night in a fun and contemporary way with mismatched lights hung from that pergola you’ve always wanted. Opt for LED and low-voltage lights that offer a warm glow. String lights and lanterns are the most popular these days.
Be sure to consult your landscaping company for contemporary design ideas that work well with your yard. Read this for more.